Garza family favorite for holiday gathering
Prep Time: 15 min.
Start to Finish: 25 min.
- 1 link (6 oz.) El Popular Chorizo
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 can 16 oz. Refried Beans
- 1 bag of Tortilla Chips
- 2 Tomato diced (medium)
- 1 cup grated Quesadilla Cheese
- Crema Mexicana or Sour Cream
- 1 can nacho sliced Jalapenos
- 1 ½ Salsa
- 1 Onion (sweet) diced
- In a skillet remove chorizo from casing and stir fry in a skillet over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, do not drain. Set to the side.
- In a separate skillet brown and drain ground meat.
- Add cooked chorizo to cooked ground meat and mix thoroughly.
- Heat one can of Refried Beans add salt to taste.
- Place 30 or more Tortilla Chips on platter
- Spread Refried Beans on Tortilla Chips
- Sprinkle chorizo and ground meat over all chips
- Then liberally garnish all chips with cheese, onions, tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Place dollop of Crema or Sour Cream over nachos.
- Finish with salsa to taste.