Marisol Quinones – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2011 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 15 min.
Start to Finish: 30 min.
4 Dozen Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz. butter
- 6 oz El Popular Original Chorizo
- ¼ cup Apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Chorizo until medium to dark brown in color. Drain on paper towels and let cool.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt in bowl. In mixing bowl with paddle attachment cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and applesauce mix until combined. Slowly add flour mixture into the egg mixture mix until just combined.
- Fold in chopped pecans and cooled chorizo with rubber spatula.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies rest 2 to 4 minutes then transfer to wire rack for cooling.