David Lerner – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2012 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 15 min.
Start to Finish: 25 min.
18 to 20 Crepes
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vitamin D milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 3 oz. Chihuahua Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Melted Butter (coating skillet)
- In a skillet cook EL Popular Chorizo until done.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Place batter in refrigerator for ½ hour to let air bubbles to subside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, brush skillet with melted butter and pour 1 oz. of batter into middle of skillet and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for approx. 30 seconds then remove from skillet and let cool.
- Shred Chihuahua Cheese on the crepe, roll and heat until cheese has melted.