Majesta Stewart – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2011 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 25 min.
Start to Finish: 1 hour.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ lb El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- Spray oil
- Jar of prepared salsa
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat and remove El Popular Chorizo from casing cook until brown, drain and set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle pan. Spray one flour tortilla and place in hot skillet.
- Cover the tortilla with shredded cheese, El Popular Chorizo and a few leaves of cilantro. Top with another flour tortilla press down and flip over to blister the other side.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges. Serve hot and with your favorite salsa.