2012 Ivy Tech – Chorizo 3rd Place Winner
Prep Time: 15 min.
Start to Finish: 30 min.
42 Cookie Balls
- 1 package of El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 1 (3.9) oz. package instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup milk 36 chocolate sandwich type cookie, finely crushed
- 2 oz. El Popular Mexican Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate
- White chocolate Sprinkles
- Any type Cocoa powder
- Sauté the chorizo until it is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk for 2 minutes, add cookie crumbs and stir; mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan bring cream and milk to a boil.
- Pour over chocolates and whisk until melted.
- Dip cookie balls into melted chocolate place in single layer shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes, drizzle with white chocolate, or roll into sprinkles or cocoa powder.