Cheryl Sims-Kindred – Ivy Tech – 2012 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 15-30 min.
Start to Finish: 2.5 Hours
Prepared Cornbread muffin mix according to direction on box
- Eggs and Milk, needed
- 2- Boneless chicken breast, boiled, diced
- 1 lb. chicken gizzards, boiled, diced
- 1 lb. El Popular Chorizo, cooked and drained
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 whole green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 pieces of raw oysters, minced
- 4 slices of cubes white bread, toasted
- 1 TBSP dry sage
- 2 TBSP poultry seasoning
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 325F. Prepare the cornbread mix according to package on box, set aside to cool completely. Boil the chicken gizzards and breast.
- In a large bowl add the chop chicken gizzards, chicken breast, and cooked chorizo and chopped vegetables. Next, finely mince the raw oysters and add to mixture.
- Add cornbread, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom, cubed toasted bread, seasonings and gently toss. Place in a baking pan 9 x 12 and bake for 2 hours or until set.