Madalyn Vance – Ivy Tech – Michigan City Campus 2011 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 15-30 min.
Start to Finish: 1.5 Hours
- 1 lb. El Popular Longaniza
- 3 oz. potatoes, medium dice
- 3 oz. carrots, medium dice
- 3 oz. pearl onions
- 3 oz. green peas
- 12 oz. chicken Veloute sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 Frozen Flaky Pie Dough, thawed
- Cut El Popular Longaniza into ½ inch pieces.
- Steam the vegetables separately until tender. Mix the vegetables, Longaniza with the veloute sauce.
- Pour the vegetables evenly into a prepared casserole dish. Top the casserole with the pie dough, cut holes to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the crust has brown. Enjoy!