Alexis Coronado – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2013 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 10 min.
Start to Finish: 20 hour.
- ½ cup all natural popping corn kernels
- 2-3oz. Movie Theatre Butter Oil
- 2 oz. El Popular Chorizo Original
- 4 oz. salted butter
- Pour the oil into a heavy large pan with a lid.
- Place 3-4 kernels into pan and cover turn heat to medium high.
- When the first kernel pops, immediately add the ½ cup of popcorn kernels.
- Shack pan gently over heat with lid slightly ajar to allow steam to escape.
- When popping slows to 2-3 seconds remove from heat, carefully pour into large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan add the chorizo; gently stir until sausage is cooked about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In another pan add one stick of butter to melt.
- When butter has melted, add the cooked chorizo and stir.
- In a large bowl combine the popcorn with the butter and toss until popcorn is coated.