Richard Perry – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2011 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 25 min.
Start to Finish: 1 hour.
- 1 lb. El Popular Longaniza Sausage
- ½ lb. El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 5 cups zucchini, cut in half lengthways, then ¼ inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 5 oz. Velvetta Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove casing from the El Popular Longaniza sausage, brown, drain and set aside.
- Next, brown El Popular Chorizo and set that aside. In a large sauce pan or Dutch oven add butter and onions.
- When onions are browned add the zucchini, tomatoes, corn and ketchup. Over medium heat cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook until the zucchini pieces are tender. Add both sausages to pot and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.