Michelle Cherry – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2012 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 25 min.
Start to Finish: 1 hour.
- 1 pound El Popular Chorizo
- 4 oz. water chestnuts, minced
- 4 oz. green onions, minced
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, chopped finely
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. honey mustard
- 6 oz. bread crumbs
- 8 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- In a skillet cook chorizo, drain and set aside.
- Mix together water chestnuts, green onions, spinach in another bowl. Peel avocados and smash with fork; fold in honey mustard.
- Mix together bread crumbs and cheeses then add cream cheese and mix well.
- Mix all ingredients together. Take wonton wrapper and place 1 tbsp. in the center of wonton.
- With brush dip in water brush edge of wrap; fold wonton in half and pinch to seal. Repeat until all are made. Place wonton in hot steamer and steam for 5 minutes. Use your favorite dipping sauce.