Cindy Murray -Ivy Tech – East Chicago Campus 2011 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 15-30 min.
Start to Finish: 1.5 Hours
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ lbs raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb. El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cup canned tomatoes, chopped
- 3 ½ cups beef stock
- 2 cups parboiled rice
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy sauce pot add oil, brown El Popular Chorizo then add the shrimp.
- Stir in salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and Cajun seasoning cook 2 minutes.
- Then add onions, green pepper, celery, green onions, parsley, and garlic cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, beef stock, bay leaves and rice. Cook until rice is done.