Alexis Coronado – Ivy Tech- East Chicago Campus – 2012 Chorizo Contest
Prep Time: 25 min.
Start to Finish: 1 hour.
- 8 oz. button mushroom, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 tbsp. corn oil
- 4 oz. ground round beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- 3 oz. El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- ¼ cup onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- In a medium skillet combine oil, beef, garlic powder, and salt to cook until meat is browned. Add El Popular Chorizo and cook for an addition 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion and cilantro. Mix and set aside.
- Wash mushroom and pat dry with a paper towel. Spoon chorizo mixture into each mushroom cap and place cheese square on top, and place onto sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325F for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.