Tiffany Roby – Ivy Tech – Gary Campus 2011 Chorizo Chorizo
Prep Time: 15-30 min.
Start to Finish: 1 Hour
Yields: 6 lbs of taco meat
- 4 lbs ground pork
- 2 lbs El Popular Chorizo (Original)
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons plus 1 tsp Chile powder
- 6 tablespoons plus 1 tsp dry oregano
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tablespoon plus t tsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 lbs Mexican style cheese, shredded
- 13 oz. jar of prepared salsa
- 32 oz. jar of jalapeno peppers
- 2 white onions, diced
- 3 ¼ lbs. Red tomatoes, diced
- 6 ½ oz jar of mild taco sauce
- 2 head of Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 20 oz. sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepared taco shells
- Remove El Popular Chorizo from casing. Brown together ground pork and chorizo in Dutch over. Halfway into browning add the cumin, diced onion, and garlic.
- After meat is browned drain out fat and return meat to Dutch oven. Add taco sauce, chili powder, coriander, oregano and simmer 20 minutes.
- Just before serving adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh cilantro.
- Fill taco shells with meat mixture, top with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, salsa, jalapeno peppers, and sour cream.